Frequently asked questions about dental implants
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is like a small screw, it is an artificial root, it is made of titanium and biocompatible. It is used to replace the root of a damaged or missing tooth and can serve as an anchor point for a future dental prosthesis or ceramic crown.
Does it hurt?
The placement of a dental implant is performed with a proven protocol, the procedure time is 20 to 30 minutes
How long do dental implants last?
In general, implants are among the most durable treatments. Proper dental hygiene and prophylaxis should be taken into account for the durability of implant and prosthetic treatment.
What is the cost of dental implants?
It is difficult to give a price, each patient requires a personalized study to accurately establish a price and a treatment plan. This type of implant is not reimbursed by social security, this being the case some complementary health insurance may cover part of the act.
I was told I can’t have a dental implant?
There is no age limit for having implants. A pre-implant examination is necessary. A dental scan may be considered to check several elements (bone volume, infections, fracture of a root …). On average, the number of implants varies according to the number of teeth to be replaced. An oral assessment and a clinical examination should be planned before considering the placement of dental implants.
I’ve been told I don’t have enough bone?
Only a 3D dental scan can accurately determine whether there is enough bone or not. In the event that there is not enough bone, there are alternative solutions, such as filling in the missing bone volume with a substitute, or using short implants. Even in the case of low residual bone height, the use of guided surgery performed in the office, makes it possible to treat cases previously considered impossible to perform.
Is it safe?
Rigorous, proven and mastered protocols guarantee us a work adapted to the situation, with about 95% success rate. In the remaining 5%, we remove the mobile implant and after a month of healing we gracefully rest an implant, this only delays the end of the treatment a little.